What’s all the fuss about Local Search Marketing and do you really need to participate in this new marketing medium? The answer is a resounding, “Yes” especially if you sell to a local market or to people who come to your community to make a purchase, and here’s why.
We’ve been researching, testing and tweaking local business listings on the most searched sites on the Internet and the results have been nothing short of amazing. If you doubt us, read the testimonials provided by the people who have told us how their business has been transformed by local search marketing.
Here’s what we discovered.
- There is nothing in the newspaper that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing in a magazine that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing in the Yellow Pages that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing on the radio that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing on television that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing on a billboard that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing in the mail that you can’t find at a better value online.
- There is nothing offered by a telemarketer that you can’t find at a better value online.
And it’s important to note that “better value” does not mean cheap. Value represents everything you get in return for the money you invest including convenience, service, reliability, ease of use etc.
And that’s why
90% of customers who want to make a local purchase look online for the products and services you offer first before deciding if they want to contact you.
Today, if you’re company is not visible on the Internet, you won’t even be considered for the majority of purchases made by your customers.
But here’s the really cool thing about local search marketing. You don’t need a website and you don’t need to spend money to attract the attention of highly interested customers when they’re ready to make a purchase. All you need to do is be where you’re customers are looking and it’s not that hard to do. This entire website exists to show you how it’s done.
If you’re a skeptic like I tend to be, do a search for the products and services you offer (just like 90% of the population does) and see what they see.
- Did you find your business?
- Was it the most prominent business listing?
- Was it the most compelling business listing?
- Did you find on all of the 7.8 sites (on average) where people look?
Watch the 10 minute video we created on Local Search Marketing and tell me if this isn’t the most exciting marketing concept you’ve ever seen. Just click on the video icon with my photo (which you will find at the top of the second column on every page) and be amazed.